Treasure Valley homeowners are turning to smart technology with energy efficiency goals in mind to save money. The best part? Homeowners can now control their home’s heating and cooling systems from the comfort of their smartphone, tablet, or other device. One such system is the Lennox S30 thermostat.
The benefits of a Lennox S30 thermostat is that you can live comfortably, safer, easier, and healthier. Unlike thermostats of the past, the Lennox S30 thermostat can learn your preferences and adjust the temperature inside your home to suit your individual preferences. Even more, it can provide you with important information about your home’s energy consumption and allow you to adjust its settings remotely.
Programming Your Thermostat To Save Money
The Boise heating and cooling experts at Access Heating & Air would like to provide you with the following energy efficiency tips for programming your Lennox S30 thermostat to help you save money.
Fall & Winter Weekly Thermostat Schedule
- Treasure Valley homeowners spend approximately $2200 or more on annual energy bills. By properly programming your thermostat, you can save more than $200 a year. Want to save even more? Check out the following example of a weekly thermostat schedule for the fall and winter months:
- Set your thermostat to warm your home to 70 degrees 15-30 minutes before your family wakes up in the morning. You can set the temperature higher depending on your individual preference or lower for maximum energy savings. This will ensure optimal temperature and a comfortable home when you’re getting ready to start your day.
- Depending on your schedule, you can set your thermostat to 63-65 degrees or lower when nobody’s home. This will help you save more than 10% on energy costs.
- Set your thermostat to your ideal temperature of 68+ degrees when you and your family are home. For example, if your family arrives home between 5:00 pm and you go to bed around 11:00 pm, you can set your thermostat to 70 degrees from 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm. After this time period, you can set your thermostat for a lower temperature inside your home when you are warm in bed.
- Since the Lennox S30 thermostat utilizes geo-fencing technology, you can use your smartphone to notify your thermostat when you are getting close to home. This allows it to adjust the temperature automatically to your ideal settings before you walk in the door. This temperature will then be maintained until it’s time for bed.
- These temperature settings are perfect for weekdays. However, you can program them to change them depending on your preferred weekend schedule.
Spring & Summer Weekly Thermostat Schedule
- During the spring and summer, the Boise heating and cooling experts at Access Heating recommend setting your thermostat to 78 degrees. This is the ideal temperature for when you and your family will be home. When you are away, you can set the temperature a few degrees higher to ensure you’re not cooling an empty house. Also, as we mentioned above, you can program your thermostat to cool your home to your ideal temperature when you are getting close to home.
- On cooler days when you don’t need to use your air conditioning system, you can set your thermostat to be warmer at 85 degrees. Keep in mind that for every degree higher than 78 degrees in the summer, you will save 6-8% off your energy bill. That’s why it’s important to set your temperature slightly higher during the spring and summer months.
Vacation Thermostat Setting Schedule
Planning on going on a vacation? Don’t turn off your HVAC system. Instead, set the thermostat for 55 degrees in the winter and 90 degrees in the summer. This will ensure proper temperature and humidity control inside your home. The best way to do this is to use the “hold” or “away” feature. This allows you to set a constant energy-saving temperature and stops your automatic schedule.
Your Boise Heating & Cooling Experts
For more than 40 years, the Boise heating and cooling experts at Access Heating & Air have been providing Treasure Valley homeowners with cutting-edge technology to provide them with the best level of comfort, peace of mind, and ease of use for their HVAC equipment. For more information and energy efficiency tips for programming your Lennox S30 thermostat, contact us by filling out our online form or give us a call our office a call at (208) 855-2444 today.